The 2015 Broad-Ways Film Festival Fundraiser
Broad-Ways Theatre and Film Society is taking it up a notch with our annual Film Festival, and to do this we need your help!
This year we will be renting out the big Aberystwyth Art Centre cinema and attempting to use this as a launch pad to grow and improve the quality of our film work. Aberystwyth has a plethora of drama societies creating great work, and a lot of frustrated TV and Film creative types looking for some screen time. It's time to fill that demand and with your help we can do it!
Our goal is to raise as much of the £300 cost of the Aberystwyth Art Centre Screen as possible, this will allow the society to start seriously funnelling it's money into props and equipment instead of rent!
Who are you though?
We are Broad-Ways Theatre and Film Society and we make original drama for the stage and screen. Acting as a small production company our members participate in every stage of the creative process; from the first inkling of an idea in the script writers head all the way through to post production. We've been doing this for 5 years!
More than that we are a society of like minded and friendly people, Broad-Ways is a wonderful society to join for it's involvement variety and the satisfaction to be gained from the creation of the original.
Broad-Ways has got itself to the point where the society feels established, we have a number of regular features and enough momentum to carry on as we are on the Theatre side. However, Film is a different beast, requiring more equipment, different schedules and a greater cost we want to raise our standards to the point where both sides of the society are self funding and have enough momentum to be attractive to new students and ambitious directors.
Where will the money go?
- The money will go, this year on the rent of the Art Centre Cinema, up to £300 that's where its going.
- This means we will be able to increase all our budgets for the next year of the society, we hope to create a virtuous loop of crowd funding our spaces to allow our box office income to be spent on productions.
- If funding takes off and we go above our target, we will be creating a fund for next years films very early, giving our incoming teams space to be as ambitious as we'd like them to be.
This years Festival.
This years festival is well under way, the films a well into their production processes and we are enormously excited. Stay tuned for the exact date and time when we announce it here and on our Facebook pages but at the moment, first weekend in May!
£20 - Your name in the OPENING CREDITS
Find us here
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.