Due to interest by those who still want to donate, the page has been reopened.
All donations in excess of £10,000 will go towards my books and living costs (£8,507 - £11,986) Thank you so much for your support :)
PLEASE HELP RACHAEL GET TO THE UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD!!
WHAT IS #OXFORD10000?
- I am Rachael Owhin, a law graduate from London.
- I have been offered a place on the MSc in Migration Studies at the University of Oxford, but can't afford the full tuition and college fees.
- Even with my savings AND a bank loan I still do not have enough!
- Oxford require me to pay up by Monday 1st September, but unfortunately I'm still £10,000 short.
- If I don't raise the funds I will have to forefeit my place :|
WHERE WILL THE MONEY GO?
I AM RAISING "£10,000 IN 10 DAYS" to meet the costs of tuition and college fees which lie well beyond my means.
The total cost of this master's is £26,617:
Tuition Fees and College Fees: £18,110
- I have personally saved £6,000 and have £2,000 from my mum
- So I have £8,000 but still need £10,110
Living Costs: £8,507 - £11,986
- I plan to take out the Career Development Loan for my living costs
Migration Studies at Oxford is a course which looks at migration through the lens of law, politics, sociology, anthropology, and economics. Migration is a hot topic in politics today and affects the lives of so many.
- Why do people migrate?
- Are their hopes of a better life fulfilled?
- Why are immigrants detained like prisoners?
- How can we make the immigration system better in the UK?
- Why are we so afraid of 'the other'?
These are just a few of the questions I hope to explore through my studies in the coming year.
As a second generation migrant myself, I am interested in researching the experiences of migrants, particularly in the African Diaspora, and their access to opportunities.
I am also interested in the many human rights issues surrounding immigration, and helping alleviate the gross injustices that take place in this area.
This is too huge of an opportunity to pass up; I got into Oxford and I am determined to attend this year!
Sponsoring me will help break boundaries into further education for people from low socioeconomic backgrounds
- I have come up with some wonderful awards to thank everyone who contributes to helping me fulfil this dream.
- I am more than happy to offer my skills to thank those who believe in me.
- Check out the rewards on the right hand side of this page >>>>>>
Follow me on social media to keep updated over the next 10 days:
If you'd like more information, please get in touch with me via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE POST #OXFORD10000 ON ALL SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS - WE WANT TO GET THIS TRENDING!!
Please share this project with anyone you think would support me – on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat on the bus, or on your blog.