We are Footsteps Theatre Company and we can’t wait to get started!
Catherine Simons: Production Manager
Emma Barr: Director and Research Coordinator
Ella Howe: Stage Manager
Jess Amery: Choreographer and Workshop Planner
Rrita Mulaku: Assistant Director and Fundraising Co-ordinator
Ziying Teng: Dramaturge and Secretary
We are 6 second year students on the BA (HONS) Drama, Applied Theatre and Education degree course at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama who still have stars in our eyes, dreams in our heads and passion in our blood. Change is tricky to define but we want to be part of it.Together, we have formed Footsteps Theatre Company.
This term we will be creating a piece of children’s theatre, alongside Second Shot Theatre Company, at Thameside Prison through fun, collaborative opportunities. Lit by a similar fire to create transformative theatre, we gravitated towards one another last Autumn when working on a devised production at Central. The discovery that we were in possession of complementary skill sets led to our agreement to work together on the collaborative outreach project. Ideally, we could create wonderful work without a care for money, but though costumes, props, set, and workshop material contribute to building a valuable experience for everybody involved, they do have a cost.
We hope that together, we can create an engaging, exciting and enjoyable production that celebrates the participants’ creative skills with their friends, family and community. And we’d love for you to join us in our celebration.
Where will the money go?
We are aiming for our budget to fund accommodation for all 6 of our facilitators. We want to buy props and costumes for our participants. Other costs will include company uniforms, stationery and craft materials. We are hoping to create an after show experience that allows participants and their families to interact and immerse themselves in arts, crafts and
If we can raise more than our target we would like to leave donations towards Second Shot, or other theatre companies that work in prisons.
We will provide updates via our website and email to our wider audience.
- Accommodation: £1,100
- Costume (for up to 20 Participants): £400
- Props: £120
- Company Uniform: £100
- Material costs eg. Paper, Balloons, Felt, newspaper:£90
-Other miscellaneous: £20
Follow in our footsteps:
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.