Flying High! Raising money for special needs equipment For Hall Secondary School
High Flying Grandparents!
We're raising £1,000 to buy much needed equipment for special needs. We're going to "jump out of a plane" and fly through the air from 13,000 feet, hopefully we'll have a very soft landing! The money raised will benefit children who have special needs. They need your support!!
This is us...
- Sheila and Malcolm are the parents of four children and grandparents of twelve grandchildren. We are very active and fun loving and like to go on holidays and go motor bike riding when we can. We also like to play golf and are members of Swaffham Golf Club in Norfolk where Malcolm is President.
We've never done a parachute jump before and some people think we're nuts! but it's for a special cause and one which is very close to our hearts, as our dear grandson Ben was diagnosed with autisim when he was three years old. He is now nearly fifteen and he has attended Hall Secondary School since he was five years old. He is a great strapping lad and very loving and he has come on so well with the dedication of the staff. We couldn't have asked more for him.
The kids have complex needs and various disabilities and the staff are just fantastic. They are all very dedicated, supplying support for the children and their families at all times.
The money we raise will be for equipment for communication skills, sensory needs and anything to help with the development of special needs children.
We're very excited to be able to do the jump as we are both in our 60's but class ourselves as 'young' grandparents! We are so looking forward to doing this so please give generously as it would help the children enormously.
Nail biting stuff but we're determined to do it!!
We need YOUR help to achieve our goal of raising £1,000 to help the children as they need your support!
Lets face it if we're going to jump out of a plane from 13,000 feet up then that's got to be worth something!!
Where will the money go?
- Special needs equipment.
- If we hit out target the money will go to Hall School, Norwich.
- If we raise more than our target the extra money will still go to the school.
- We will give updates as often as we can.
It's not a bad idea to have a neat breakdown of costs, something like this:
- After being asked the children and teachers decided they would love a 6 way Storyphones System costing £740
Storyphones is a versatile learning tool to make listening easy and help develop their language, communication, listening and literacy skills.
- A 4 way Storyphone System costing £630
- A Storyphone Headset costing £120
"Hey, we have some fab rewards to thank everyone who donates, whatever the amount you might give. Check them out."
Find us here
- Please follow us here Add your website, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or other site where you'll be giving (very regular) updates during your fundraising campaign.
"Follow us to find out how we're doing!"
Help us succeed!
You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.