This summer The King's Players of King's College London are taking a brand new comedy to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival - the biggest arts festival in the world. We are performing from the 7th to the 29th of August at the Greenside Mint Studio, and we'll also be performing previews in London at the end of July. This is a really exciting opportunity for everyone involved, but we need your help to make it happen!
When Mrs Leech (74, Chairman of the Boules Club) dies, she is fortunate enough to be afforded a place in heaven. It isn't long, however, before her busy-body attitude and grey-haired determination get her caught up in a celestial squabble. Whilst forming friendships with a group of dissatisfied angels, Mrs Leech finds herself inadvertently usurping the petulant, spoilt God and sitting on the divine throne herself. Which isn't very comfy - it could do with a pillow.
Where Will the money go?
So, in total we are trying to raise £5505.60 - and so far we've raised £2333.33, including a generous grant from the KCLSU Development Fund. Any donation you can give will help pay towards:
- Venue hire - £2000 + VAT
- Edinburgh Fringe registration fee - £246 + VAT
- Marketing - £200
- Set, props, and costume - £100
- Accommodation - £2560
- Transport - £299.60
- Contingency - £100
Any money raised from donations in Edinburgh will go towards future King's Players productions.
As you can see, we've got lots of different awards on offer!
- For £5, you'll get a thank you tweet from @MrsNellyLeech herself
- For £10, you'll get the above and a thank you on the King's Players website
- For £25, you'll get both of the above and we'll upload a video of Mrs Leech eating ANYTHING you like (as long as it's vegetarian) - if you heard her try Chatime Bubble Tea on KCLSU radio, you'll know why this is going to be so much fun. If you haven't, you can find the interview here: https://www.mixcloud.com/enoughabouteve/enough-about-eve-the-ascension-of-mrs-leech
- For £40, you'll get all of the above and a ticket to the London preview at the end of July
- For £75, you'll get all of the above and Mrs Leech will even send you a handwritten letter answering your prayers
- For £100, you'll get all of the above and an extra three tickets to the London preview
- For £150, you'll get all of the above and we will give a minor character a name of your choice!
- For £250, we'll include your company name in the show (putting it in a good light, of course)
MORE WAYS YOU CAN HELP- You don't need donate in order to help! Please share this project with anyone you think might support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog. In fact, do share our project with everyone you know - it's a great show and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make the show a success!
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen. However much you can afford to give, every little helps.