We're raising funds for our student-run production of The Cunning Little Vixen, an opera by Leoš Janáček. The opera will run on the 12th, 14th and 15th of March, and should be a great show!
Who are we?
- The Society was started by students at the University of Aberdeen who had a passion for Opera, and has become a great addition to the University's many excellent musical societies.
- The Opera Society seeks to provide a platform for students and local enthusiasts to experience being part of an opera production. The roles are diverse and range from leadership positions such as director or conductor, to being a singer in the cast or chorus, a player in the orchestra, or making up part of the production or management teams.
- The Cunning Little Vixen was selected by our Musical Director, Lucy Hole, and is directed by James Leonard.
- We are committed to our production being of the highest possible quality, and giving the best possible experience to both our Society's members and the audience.
- Putting on a high quality performance requires investing money (however many costs we reduce)! Donations would give the Society the means to maximise our creative effort, and produce a really excellent opera.
Where will the money go?
Our production costs will look something like this:
- Lighting hire and crew: £1500
- Costumes: £1500
- Set and props: £1000
- Printing costs (Programmes, posters, flyers etc): £150
- Orchestra (various costs): £500
In the case that we have money left over from fund raising/ticket sales, we would plan to pass this on to next year's committee, so that they can continue to create high-quality student run operas.
- Donors will have their names listed in the programme, with our thanks (unless they opt out).
- Donors of a certain amount will be offered tickets to one of the shows (see the section on rewards for details)!
Find us here
The AUSA website
- Updates can be found on our Facebook page!
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- We'd love it if you could donate whatever you can and help us out! Please sponsor us and help us make this production extra special.