We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The use of hubbub.org to raise funds or contribute to a project requires the exchange of data. This statement describes how your data is managed by us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the data controller is Sponsorcraft Ltd (trading as Hubbub) of 35-39 Old Street, London EC1V 9HX, United Kingdom. The lawful basis that we have for processing your information is to fulfil tasks at your request, fulfil our contractual obligations with you and protect your interests.
We collect and process the following data about you:
- Any data you supply directly, for example by filling in a form, adding a comment or supporting a project.
- Technical information like the internet address of your computer and your browser type.
- Information about your visit, for example, the time and date, where you came from and how long you stayed.
- Publicly available social media information about you, for example, if you tell us your twitter handle, we can see your twitter posts.
- If you phone us or email us and tell us stuff, then we know that too.
- You get the picture.
- Essential cookies: These cookies are technically necessary to connect each of your page views together and ensure that when you click from one page to the next, we remember who you are.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor how well the site is working and improve it.
- Google Analytics: Like many websites, we use google analytics cookies to track which pages on the site are most popular and answer other useful questions about how our visitors use the site.
- Vimeo: Some of our projects host videos and our video streaming service uses various cookies which do various cool things in the video world.
- Dropbox: Some projects might include images from Dropbox or other hosting sites in their pages, in which case those sites may issue cookies to deliver those images and files to you.
- Social media cookies: On pages where we provide a panel to "share" content on social media networks, these social networks issue cookies to remember whether you've already shared a particular piece of content.
- Chocolate chip cookies: Occasionally, a site visitor reads our legal documentation and sends us a nice email about it. On those occasions, we reserve the right to invite them out for a cup of coffee and a cookie of their choice.
You can turn off cookies in your browser's privacy settings. Rejecting all cookies means that some parts of the site won't work for you.
Your financial information
Our Partners PayPal and Stripe process all of the transactions on the Site and they are the only people who see your credit card information. Neither Sponsorcraft nor anyone else views or has access to your credit card information.
How we use your information
We will only use the information that we hold about you:
- to carry out the service that you were requesting when supplying that information, like sharing a comment, supporting a project or registering a new project on the site
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to administer the Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to monitor and improve the security of the site.
Some of the activities that you can undertake on this website, for example supporting a project, require that we pass certain information to the project owner. That project owner has agreed, by accepting our terms and conditions, to abide by the same restrictions on the use of your information that we have.
Other than the use of the cookies of third-party organisations listed above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, under a strict confidentiality agreement.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Sponsorcraft Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, crime prevention, detection, and prosecution.
Where we store your personal data
You have the right to access any data that we hold you. You can do this by logging into your hubbub.org account and reviewing the data there, or by contacting us and letting our friendly team know how we can help.
You have the right to ask us to erase your data. You can do this by contacting us by email. Note that there may be circumstances under which we are unable to erase all of your data for legal reasons: for example if you have made a financial contribution to someone else's project or received payments.
If you need to get in touch about anything relating to your data, just drop us a line on email@example.com.
You have read this far. Thank you and well done. We hope that we've done a thorough job of explaining how we handle your data without sending you to sleep. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.